Sunday, November 18, 2012

National Novel Writing Month - Progress Report

Meter available at writertopia


We passed the half-way point a few days back. As we close in on the end of Day 18 of National Novel Writing Month, I ask you, "Are your characters misbehaving?"

Mine sure are! I had a plan, a nice little plan. And then, these people came in here and tossed my papers around. How dare they after all the work I've put into a PLAN?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'll be the first to tell you, there is no PLAN when it comes to writing. At least not in a half-pantzer's world.

I'm really not complaining, really. The story is becoming more in-depth with each new discover. I see a lot of work after the completion of 50000. But, if this was easy everyone would be doing it, right?

Hope all of you are making progress and your characters aren't misbehaving too badly.

Best of luck as we head toward the finish line.

7 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

My WIP is coming along very slowly. Good thing I'm not doing NaNo. I started off the month with 40,356 words, and now I'm at 44,934. Keep this up and I will not be done by the new year. Gads, I guess I better pick up my socks.

Congrats on how well you're doing, Cher.

Cher Green said...

Joylene,

Progress is progress, no matter how slow. Writing this fast almost guarantees major revisions. Thanks for the congrats. I'm actually surprised I'm doing this well, working everyday at the post office. Guess I can't use that as an excuse for not writing any longer. :)

Anonymous said...

The ending is way different than what I'd originally planned on. It took so many unexpected turns.

However, I'm happy with the new ending. Relieved to have it all written out. Now to break until Dec, then I start revising and editing process.

bidelia78@yahoo.com

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Good you're making progress toward reaching your goal!

Cherie Reich said...

My characters tend to progress in the story mainly as I tell them. Then, in rewrites/edits, they let me know how wrong I got it. ;)

Keep writing!

Cher Green said...

kitty, Wow! Your done. Now I wish I'd pushed harder so I could have a break. :)

Terry, yes progress, that's what's matters.

Thank you both for the support.

Cher Green said...

Cherie, I found your comment in the spam folder. Sorry about that. Thanks for the support.

 
Blog Directory