Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Next Big Thing

Tagged twice last year, by Terry W. Ervin II and Catrina Barton, I present to you The Next Big Thing.

10 Questions about my Work in Progress

What is the working title of your book?
Broken Memory

Where did the idea come from for the book?
The idea for this book started with thoughts on our memories and how they can be changed and recalled incorrectly. There's so much in the past that we forget or rearrange in our mind. What if something extremely significant and dangerous lay dormant within our minds, until something or someone pulled it into to the light?

What genre does your book fall under?
Paranormal Suspense

What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
If I had to answer this question, I'd seriously take us diving back into the eighties.  A young Molly Ringwald comes to mind for the lead role. A young 'yummy' Andrew McCarthy would serve great as the co-lead. Okay, yes, I took you there. But, at least I warned you first. It's not that I don't watch new movies and television shows. I just don't keep up with their names like I did when I was younger.

What is the one sentence synopsis for the book?
When a woman’s past crashes into her present reality, she must face spirits, a demon, love, and find a way to survive them all.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
An agency would be my first choice, but the way the industry is evolving one never knows where the road may lead.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
The story idea and much brainstorming began in January of 2012. Over the next few months I had many starts and stops. The story wanted to be more than one story can be, it trailed of in so many directions, becoming basically a multitude of different story possibilities. In May, I sat down with my mess and created a snowflake summary, putting down a strong road-map. By the end of September, I had a 15,000 word rough first draft of my story. Keep in mind, yes this took four months, but I do have a day job, along with multiple activities going on, from blogs to tarot reading. I'm in the process now of expanding the rough first draft into a full blown first draft. I plan to spend much more time on my writing this year, and hope to have this one ready to go at least by March.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
This questions always a tricky one for me. I've read more than once you should be able to do this and present such when submitting your work. I can see where many authors would be able to compare their stories to others, but I honestly don't know of a book similar to the one I'm writing. It has ghosts, demons, and a woman who must conquer the past to see her future. I'm sure similar stories have been told, but don't ask me to tell you the names or authors.  

What else about the book might pique the reader's interest? 
The romance thread is interesting. Let's just say some loves are destined to be and nothing can stop some souls from join no matter the distance of space or time. On another note, souls roam the earth rather you are aware of them or not, some help and some hinder, but at the end of the day we all are on a path leading us home.

Now it's time to tag a few authors and see what their next big thing will be -

Cherie Reich
Aubrie Dione
Joylene Butler
Christine Rains
Kalayna Price

Look forward to seeing what each of you have in progress.

10 comments:

Aubrie said...

Thanks for tagging me, Cher!

Jenna Cooper said...

Sounds like an intriguing premise! Memories are so interesting--how two people remember an event differently is so fascinating.

Christine Rains said...

Thanks for tagging me! Your book sounds fantastic.

Cher Green said...

Aubrie/Christine, You are welcome. Look forward to seeing your Next Big Thing.

Jenna, Thanks so much for stopping by. Good luck in your journey.

Terry W. Ervin II said...

I think the notion of how people miss-remember or rearrange memories being the focus of your story will offer readers a great story.

Cher Green said...

Terry, Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Great post. :)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I'm late! I was writing. Thank you, Cher for tagging me. I'm honoured. Your new ms sound great. Good luck with finding it a home. And thanks again! You're a sweetheart!

Cherie Reich said...

Thanks for tagging me! I can't wait to read more of Broken Memory. Hmm, I'll have to think of which book to feature. :)

Cher Green said...

kitty - Thanks.

Jolene/Cherie, you both are very welcome. Also, thank you for the support.

 
Blog Directory