Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dream Caster by Najeev Raj Nadarajah

When Najeev Raj Nadarajah first emailed me with the offer of a free copy of Dream Caster, I hesitated. I normally don't read young adult fantasy and after all, this was a self-published debut. I was slightly uninterested, that is until I started reading reviews.

Many praised it, while some did not think it was very good. I'm not sure what those in the second category read, but it wasn't this book. :) Anyways, I read an excerpt and became intrigued. It didn't hurt that the story revolved around Dream Casting!

I'm glad I took the chance and read Dream Caster. It's a wonderful adventure, with great visuals and an intriguing plot.

Dream Caster is the first book of a series called The Dream Cycle.

Here's my review:

Dream Caster, Book One of the Dream Cycle, is a young adult fantasy. Although it starts a little slow, once this story gets going, it grabs you carries you along for a wonderful journey.

Weaver, orphaned and under the care of a selfish man named Ruben, has only one goal, to become a guard in the small village he’s grown up in. In one night, he obtains this position and in the matter of hours loses everything, his home, family and friends.

Forced to move on as the only survival of a devastating attack of fire hounds, he soon finds a companion who travels with him to a new home. He soon discovers his true role in life, which is much bigger than he would have ever imagined.

This well-written, intriguing story is the debut of Najeev Raj Nadarajah’s journey into the writing world. With the promise of more to this series, I predict this story teller has many more adventures to share.

I recommend Dream Caster to anyone who enjoys fantasy, both young and mature adults.


4 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

You're right, Cher. It does sound very good. Thanks for sharing.

Cher Green said...

Joylene, It was an impressive debut for this author.

Aubrie said...

What a beautiful cover! I'm glad you liked it.

Cher Green said...

Aubrie, I did. :) The author will be at the blog soon for an interview.

 
Blog Directory