Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Voices of Fiction - Hobbies - Wrap Up


Welcome to the final post of Voices of Fiction.

Over the last few weeks, our authors have shared their hobbies, from gaming to exercise, from microbrewery to turtles, and beyond. The variety of activities engaged in when not writing has been huge and interesting.

What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?

My main activity outside of writing isn’t really a hobby at all. It’s actually a separate goal in my life journey, or maybe it runs parallel, joining at points with my writing.

Most of you know I’m referring to Tarot Guidance, my tarot website and blog. I became interested in divination in my late teens and never really got over it. Over the years, I’ve moved from reading playing cards to reading Tarot cards, Oracle, and Leonormand style decks. My main love stays with the Tarot, but I’m always searching for more. Recently, I’ve begun working with Numerology and even more recently the Akashic Records. There is so much to explore, and I’m eager to learn what I can.

Oh, we are supposed to be talking about hobbies, the fun things we do.

Let me take you on a journey, for some of the hobbies I enjoy, well, I don’t really do anymore. Why? I guess life takes us down different roads in life, some offer the environment for certain activities and others lead you to new territory.

I feel my life at this point has been split in two – one when I was once married, and now when I’m not. Each life has brought great rewards, not to say there haven’t also been great disappointments.

My past life: Fishing (Catfish), boating, cross-stitching, writing and tarot (these weren’t goals in this other life, not yet), reading, and Yard Sales!

New Life: Reality Check! I need a hobby. I still read - does that count? My energies are spent mostly on my goals of writing and spiritual growth. I feel the need to be outdoors, but this time is spent tending to my yard, work mostly. This could indeed turn toward a hobby-gardening, bird watching (my yard is full of birds!), or even just a connecting with nature. Since I do enjoy my work of writing and tarot reading, perhaps a hobby at this time isn’t a needed aspect in my life.

I hope you’ve all enjoyed this exploration of author hobbies and all of the topics discussed here on the Voices of Fiction series.

We’ve reached the end of the series, at least for a while. 

I plan to switch gears slightly and bring a more personal touch to the blog – personal insights, thoughts on writing, writing techniques explored, and such. Not to say, you won’t come across the usual – author interviews, book reviews, and guest appearances. 

I’m always open to help support my fellow author. Feel free to contact me.

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Sorry I'm late, Cher. The voices was so interesting. Thank you for doing it.

Cher Green said...

No worries. Hope all is well with you. Me - fighting to stay a float. :) But that's life.

 
Blog Directory