You will read over and over again, writers write because they have to. While this is for the largest percentage true, most writers expect to one day benefit financially from their efforts.
I do not like to write - I like to have written. ~Gloria Steinem
Writing is hard work. Where do you find motivation to continue pouring the words out again and again? Do you focus on the end result? Do you dream of one day receiving payment?
I write with publication as my goal. Money is grand, but it’s not the focus of my journey. Sharing my creations, my characters and their journeys, is my main objective.
But how can you stay motivated when you aren’t allowed to share because of rejection?
Consider the following:
• Each word, each sentence, you write brings you closer to honing your skills.
• Each story you complete is one more that will, one day, find its way into a reader’s hands.
• Writing is beneficial for the soul. Explore your characters, and you will see reflections of yourself within the text.
• Creation is our strongest talent. Everyone creates in their own way, yours is writing stories.
• You can find therapy within your writing. Are you prone to nightmares? Insert those monsters into your stories, and your dreams will turn more peaceful.
How do you stay motivated?