Wednesday, July 7, 2010

the Artist's Way - Week Nine - Day Three

Visualizing

It's easier to believe what you can see.

Name a goal, in present tense. Describe yourself doing your goal, the ideal scene. Read your description out loud and post it at your work area. Reread daily.

Collect actual pictures of yourself and combine them with magazine images to collage the scene as you have described. Post at your work station.

I've read this next technique more than once. Create a book jacket of your work in progress and cover a book by your favorite artist. Keep the book near your work station as a reminder of things to come. This is a great motivational tool.

For those of you already published, keep your published works in sight for motivation.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Artist's Way, I've learned so much from these books!!!

Your blog is super cute! I love the background. I found you over at Fluety words and look forward to following you!

Kimberly Franklin said...

These are all such great little tips to help keep one motivated. I'll have to try a few of them. :)

Anonymous said...

Jen, good to have you. Aubrie's blog is a good one. I'm glad you like my blog and look forward to your future visits.

Kimberly, Motivation is important to a writer, or any type of artist.

Aubrie said...

I never thought about writing down my goals. I'll have to try it!

Anonymous said...

It is a process that makes it more visual, which can help some artists.

 
Blog Directory