Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the Artist's Way - Week Seven - Day Two

Jealousy is the emotion that points the way.

Jealousy is a map, it tells the territory that you covet. Each of our maps will be different. Do you find yourself envying the success of novelists, screenwriters, or figure skaters?

Jealousy is a mask for fear of doing something that you want to do.

The people on your jealousy map occupy the positions you'd like to fill yourself. You jealousy map will move you into the territory that you desire.

Make a list of those you are jealous of. Try to name up to 20 people. Next to each one, state why you are jealous. Now, state an action that can lead you toward that direction.

This is another activity that I will not be too good at. I'm really don't envy many. I know that if I want to do something, all I have to do is actively do it.

1) My boyfriend - he is capable of focusing on what he wants to do and is not easily detoured - Focus more on what I want to do rather than what I have to do.

If I think of any others, I'll add them to the comments.

Who are you jealous of?

No comments:

 
Blog Directory